Dana West Yacht Club invites you to join us for an eventful three days of fun for the entire family in Dana Point Harbor on June 1st through June 3rd, 2018. All events and races are open to the public.
FAQs: Scroll Down to bottom of this page
> How can you help?
> Volunteers Needed
> Tax Documents
> Navigating the Crowdrise “Sailing for Life” Fundraising page
Create or join a team, or donate as an individual. The highest fundraising entity will win a special prize!
Our regatta includes three competitive days of on-the-water sail racing, one day of juniors’ dinghy racing, around the harbor, our famous Dinghy Poker Run, an evening of wine tasting, two evenings of after race parties and an opportunity to participate in both live and silent auctions with live music.
The beneficiary of this year’s Regatta is the American Cancer Society, a world leader in the research and treatment of cancer, providing essential services, compassionate emotional support and life-changing results. Every dollar makes a difference. Let’s make this very special fundraising effort the best it can be.
HOW CAN YOU HELP:
We are also looking for volunteers to assist with certain activities before and throughout this fun and rewarding 3-day event.
NAVIGATING THE CROWDRISE “SAILING FOR LIFE” TEAM PAGE:
To CREATE YOUR OWN TEAM (under “DWYC – Sailing For Life”):
- Please go to: www.crowdrise.com/dwyc-sailingforlife
- Click on “Join the Team” then fill in the short form (Name, Email, Password) then click Sing-up. (continue as instructed to complete this step)
- You have now created an account within the main “Sailing For Life” campaign
- NOTE: To check that your sub-team has been saved, on the DWYC – Sailing For Life page, click the “Donate” or “Donate Now” button. Your name should now appear on the “Select a Team Member” pulldown.
- By Sharing or Tweeting from the Sailing For Life campaign page, your followers will be invited to visit and donate.
- OR – you can login to your team account and copy the URL then email it to specific individuals directly with a personalized message
- Go to www.crowdrise.com/dwyc-sailingforlife
- Click the “Donate” or “Donate Now” button.
- Find the indicated name on the “Select a Team Member” pulldown.
- Select or enter a Donation Amount and choose whether or not to show your name and/or add a tribute
- Click Donate and provide the method pf payment for a donation.
- (Optional) Please share this with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or by email
- Get as many people as possible to Donate to your Team/Name by a certain end date and invite the corporate donor to visit the site on a certain date to see what your team has raised then match that total – OR
- Show your “Target” fundraising Goal and have them simply donate accordingly.