If you have questions or need specific information on the Benefits of Sponsorships or to Donate Auction Items, please contact Pam Northcott at 949-493-9777, or Helen Hawkins at 949-212-9115 – or email: email@example.com.
Sailing For Life – June 5, 6 & 7, 2020
Our 23nd Annual DWYC “Sailing for Life” Charity Regatta, benefitting the American Cancer Society (ACS), was a big success. So far this year, DWYC has raised nearly $50,000 in support of their essential and ongoing efforts to eliminate cancer. While the DWYC Regatta, a 3-day PHRF spinn and non-spinn sailing series, is the crown of our club’s charitable fundraising efforts each year, our Live and Silent Auctions and our famous Dinghy Poker Run are featured land-side events during the 3-day Regatta weekend. A teriffic Wine Tasting fundraiser which took place in April and other fundraising events are being planned, all to support ACS and Sailing for Life™ #Sailing For Life-DWYC.
An Invitation to adopt “Sailing for Life”
“Sailing for Life” ™was conceived and first established as the theme for Dana West Yacht Club’s 23rd Annual Charity Regatta in 2020, in support of the American Cancer Society. Together, DWYC and the ACS invite other yacht clubs, sailing organizations and generous sailors to adopt “Sailing for Life” as the theme for one of their fundraising events or other boating-related charitable efforts. The suggested method and language for doing so is as follows:
- Social Media: Each yacht club, sailing organization or skipper wishing to adopt and promote their own SFL hashtag are asked to use #Sailing for Life-(your organization’s acronym or name, even a boat name)”.
- Event Materials: On any SFL-branded materials, please use the approved Sailing for Life graphic. The PDF can be downloaded here. If you need the graphic in a different format, please contact the originator, George Bloomfield or ACS directly. NOTE: Only the “X Annual” or the year need be updatd, or we can do so for you.
- Donate Generously: Click here to Join an existing team or visit the ACS website and start a team of your own. Share that link and start raising funds. Every dollar you raise through the ACS website moves the world one step closer to being free of the threat and agony of cancer.
NOTE: It is intended that this SFL brand remain consistent for all organizations that may wish to use the “Sailing for Life”™ name and/or graphic in conjunction with fundraising on behalf of the American Cancer Society. While the brand (graphic(s)) may be updated form time to time, changes to the currently authorized SFL brand are not permitted. Should you need an approved graphic in a different orientation, i.e., landscape vs portrait, please contact the originator.
- Several Sponsorships levels are available starting at $1,000
- We welcome Auction Items for our Silent and Live Auctions
- This year you can create or join a Fundraising Team and watch your team’s fundraising results as they grow online. Simply visit the ACS DWYC Charity Regatta page then scroll down to Create a Team.
- Race information – Notice of Race (NOR) and Sailing Instructions (SIs) are now available. You can also contact our Race Chairs, Rod Woods and Michael Tatich if you have questions. Get your crew together and please remember to purchase collectable 2019 “Sailing for Life” Regatta shirts and embroidered hats for the whole team. Every dollar helps ACS.
Sponsors: View and download Sponsorship information here.
Auction Item Donors: We are asking for valuable items such as – vacations and getaways, opportunities for special events, gift baskets, fine art, gift certificates and other special products and service donations. Of course, we also accept cash donations. All proceeds benefit The American Cancer Society.