Our new operational guidelines from CDC/CAL OSHA have been put into place and we are now allowed to begin returning to sit-down dining. The purpose of the new guidelines is to provide a safe, clean environment for members and staff to return to DWYC with several restrictions placed on us, along with new normal staff protocols. For that reason, and while our staffing-up begins, we will start with a soft opening to enable all of us to become accustomed to the new norm. We ask for your patience and kindness as we transition through the stages.
Beginning Thursday, May 28 at 4 p.m. we will begin seating for our Quiet Dining, Bar and Patio areas. Limited 90-Minute seating during peak hours will be available and the Officer of the Deck will take you to your table. All members in your party will need to wait in a queue that provides 6’ social distancing while waiting to be seated on the front entry ramp. Members waiting for other members in your party may wait in the parking lot or cars until everyone arrives.
To that end, we have established a COVID-19 Prevention and Sanitization Training for our entire staff. Training for current staff has already taken place and will be part of our ongoing training for returning staff.
Temperature and/or symptom screening will take place at the beginning of the shift for each staff member. Face coverings are required whenever staff is within 6 feet of customers. Face coverings will also be required for members in all areas of the club except at their tables while eating/drinking.
Employees will be required to wear disposable gloves when handling food as well as when cleaning and removing items from tables. The door handles, front desk and all other high traffic/high touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times per day. Each table and chair will require sanitizing between users. In order to make DWYC safe and available to members under the new restrictions, we are implementing the following protocols:
- Time will be provided between seatings to allow staff to sanitize tables, chairs and tents after each use
- Rolled-up silverware in paper napkins will be presented when members are seated
- Our new limited menu is laminated and sanitized between uses
- Additional signage is posted urging members and staff to practice social distancing and to wear masks
- All staff will wash and sanitize their hands before starting, and during, their shift
- Sanitizing stations are available for members and staff at the bar, front desk, back exit and bus station
- ODs or volunteers will seat members according to social distancing guidelines throughout clubhouse
- All tables and chairs will be required to remain where they are placed to ensure proper social distancing – children will be expected to adhere to the social distancing protocol and are asked to stay at their parents’ tables
- The OD front desk is the entryway where all members will be checked in – the entire party must be present before being seated and member numbers recorded per the guidelines
- Due to limited seating, we are requesting all members to limit their time in the club to no more than 90 minutes per visit or when OD requests the table for sanitizing if beyond 90-minutes
- In order to allow for the extra cleaning and sanitizing, the kitchen will be closing at 8 p.m. during this initial soft opening phase, and the club hours of operation are below
- Paying via credit card is appreciated, but not mandatory
- Please provide all feedback to OD, a Flag Officer or Director
We ask that you be patient during this phase and keep in mind that we know it will change again soon!
SOFT OPENING CLUB HOURS:
- TODAY – Open 4pm – 10pm | food service 5pm to 8pm
- Thursday – Open at 11 am – 10 pm | food service is 12pm to 8 pm
- Friday and Saturday – Open 11 am – 11 pm | food service 12 pm to 8 pm
- Sunday – Open 11 a.m. – 11 pm | food service 11 am to 8 pm
- Monday – Open 4 pm – 10 pm | dinner available 4 pm to 8 pm