Dana West Yacht Club
June 13, June 20, July 25, 2020
NOTICE OF RACE
1.1 The regatta will be sailed on the Pacific Ocean in the vicinity of Dana West Yacht Club and governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
1.2 The prescriptions of the US national authority will apply.
1.3 Rule(s) 44.1 and 44.2 are changed. The changes will appear in full in the Sailing Instructions.
1.4 The crew is limited for the Jack and Jill class, one man and one woman.
1.5 Spinnakers, gennakers, bloopers, double headsail or other free-flying headsails are not allowed. Mizzen staysails may not be used.
2.1 Advertising will be restricted to Category A.
3 ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
3.1 The regatta is open to all yachts whose owners or chartering skippers are members of yacht clubs affiliated with SCYA or a club affiliated with US Sailing.
- Eligible boats shall enter by completing and submitting the DWYC entry form
- Entries may be made through Regatta Network www.regattanetwork.com under Dana West Yacht Club (DWYC). A copy of the PHRF rating certificate may be submitted with the entry. If no PHRF rating certificate is supplied, a rating will be assigned at the sole discretion of the DWYC Race Committee.
- Entries will be accepted until 0930 Saturday, June 13, 2020 for the event.
4.1 There is a $30.00 entry fee, for the race series (3 days)
5. The number of races scheduled for each day depends upon the weather, but the goal will be two races.
5.2 There will be a skipper’s meeting at DWYC on the following race days June 13, 2020 at 0930
5.3 The first warning signal will be made at 11:55 on race day.
5.4 The class assignments and ratings will be announced at the Skippers’ Meeting on June 6 and June 20, 2020.
6 SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
6.1 The sailing instructions will be available at the Skippers’ Meeting on each race day 9:30AM. SI’s will be posted on webpage at Regatta Network prior to June 6th.
- THE RACE COURSES
- The courses to be sailed will be selected from the Dana Point Race Chart v.07.1, (available at http://www.danawestyc.org/dwyc-racing) and will be displayed from the committee boat on a white board.
8 PENALTY SYSTEM
8.1 Rules 44.1 and 44.2 are changed so that only one turn, including one tack and one gybe, are required.
9.1 The Low Point System of Appendix A will apply with modifications detailed in the Sailing Instructions. Handicaps will include the non-spinnaker offset.
Visiting yachts that require guest slips should contact the dockmaster at DWYC (DWYC.org)
11 RADIO COMMUNICATION
11.1 A boat shall neither make radio tranmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This restriction also applies to mobile telephones. Except in the case of an emergency Ch 68.
12.1 Trophies will be awarded at the end of the day, at about 1600 at the DWYC Clubhouse.
13 FURTHER INFORMATION
For further information please contact Rod Woods via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (714) 330-4618 or
Michael Tatich via email firstname.lastname@example.org (949) 289-1725